Redis is the most popular distributed in-memory caching database, It is key-value storage.
Need to be considered few points before Installing on windows
- There is no official support of Redis on native window
- Never use Redis on windows for production, so Redis can be used on windows for development purposes only. This article is for development Redis setup only.
- Native support is not actively maintained
So options are left
You can install Linux inside Virtualbox and can install Redis on that Linux, you can find various resources of installation of VirtualBox and Redis on Linux on internet
Docker can be installed on windows and inside docker, we can run Linux containers. So we can run a Redis container too and it can be accessed from windows too.
- Install docker on windows, follow this doc
- Run Redis container in docker
docker run -p 6379:6379 redislabs/redismod
- That's it, you can access Redis using 127.0.0.1 host and 6379 port.
Above both options are good to run on the development machine. If you want to use Redis CLI on the window, I would suggest redis-commander
- Install redis-commander
npm install -g redis-commander
- Just run redis-commander utility
- browse in browser http://127.0.0.1:8081
Enjoy Redis on windows!